This guide will help you to manually restore a backup
Restore the Files
- SSH to your server.
- Go to your PATH_OF_INSTALLATION (i.e. Where your site is installed)
- Execute the following COMMAND
tar -zxvf PATH_TO_YOUR_BACKUP_FILE
Restore the Database
- Go to phpmyadmin
- Select the DATABASE_NAME. (You will get the DATABASE_NAME in your email)
- Take a Backup of your existing database just for future reference.
- Drop All the tables. NOTE : DROP only the tables do not DROP the database.
- Now copy the softsql.sql (You will get this file where you have extracted your backup i.e. PATH_OF_INSTALLATION)
- Now import softsql.sql from phpmyadmin
- Thats it your backup has been restored.